Monday, March 23, 2015

Poll where? Poll Everywhere!

Poll Everywhere!

https://www.polleverywhere.com/multiple_choice_polls/I2uR4JsE939AmHO

This survey tool would be helpful to anonymously poll students in a class.  I found it easy to use and even fun to text my answer and see it come up on the Smart board! If students have a craving to use some kind of technology in the classroom (i.e. smart phones), this tech tool might assuage it.

There are a variety of types of survey one can create: multiple choice, true/false, open-ended, etc.   While this tool seems like it would be a beneficial way to incorporate an engaging technology into the classroom, a downfall is the potential for students to take advantage of their time on the Smart phones.  Even I found myself distracted as texts and emails popped when we tried out the tool.  I suppose it would be fun to at least try out for a classroom or even school-wide survey.  I see potential in it even as a way to brainstorm ideas for writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment